Much of the North American continent is suffering drought. I’ve mentioned before the inevitable, but horrible, effect on corn prices. That’s one of the reasons why as a fellow WP blogger, petrel41, points out some Americans are going hungry this year.
Science on the Land
- GM canola verdict will come soon
- Proud of the Fish Fight
- I’m still here
- Debunking Myths Around Farming in Africa
- Foundations for Farming
- Biodiversity for food security and nutrition
- Biodiversity to feed the world
- Steve Marsh genetically modified canola court case transcripts to be made available online
- Are Monsanto’s GM seeds invincible?
- How to end poverty?
Tagsacademia alien species arthropod bacterium badger biotechnology bovine tuberculosis breeding cattle child climate conservation corn crop crop variety data development disease ecosystem farm farmer feed finance finfish food forest garden genetic modification grain grocery history honeybee human hunting hymenopteran insect insecticide knowledge land use law livestock maize mammal meat Monsanto Mycobacterium bovis native species neonicotinoid nutrition pest pesticide politics pollination population poverty research ruminant sea seed selective breeding shooting sustainable technology trade tree tuberculosis vascular plant vertebrate water welfare wild bee wild food wildlife woodland zoonosis