Much of the North American continent is suffering drought. I’ve mentioned before the inevitable, but horrible, effect on corn prices. That’s one of the reasons why as a fellow WP blogger, petrel41, points out some Americans are going hungry this year.
Science on the Land
- Western corporations carve up Africa
- William Engdahl on GMOs: The Lies and Long History of the Poisoning of Humanity
- Australian crops with or without genetic modification
- Food security and biofuels
- Genetic engineering in agriculture
- Rubbish in the oceans
- The biggest free trade deal in history
- Putting a price on nature
- Act locally
- Can BIG be beautiful too?
Tagsacademia alien species arthropod bacterium biotechnology bird breeding cattle child climate conservation corn crop crop variety data development disease ecosystem Europe farm farmer feed finance finfish food food security forest garden genetic modification grain grocery history honeybee human hunting hymenopteran insect insecticide knowledge land use law livestock maize mammal meat Monsanto native species nutrition pest pesticide plant_dicot plant_monocot politics pollination population poverty research ruminant sea seed selective breeding shooting staple food sustainable technology trade tree vertebrate water weed welfare wild food wildlife woodland zoonosis