Much of the North American continent is suffering drought. I’ve mentioned before the inevitable, but horrible, effect on corn prices. That’s one of the reasons why as a fellow WP blogger, petrel41, points out some Americans are going hungry this year.
Science on the Land
- Our change in the weather and how the jet stream is driving it
- A new invader to eat rice plants?
- Good bug bites
- Insects as Nutrition
- The global food supply has a demand problem
- Regulated Pests and their Origins
- DON’T PANIC — The Facts About Population
- US-EU trade deal for food and agriculture
- Chinese shark fin soup ban
- Exotic trees
Tagsacademia alien species arthropod bacterium badger biotechnology bovine tuberculosis breeding cattle child climate conservation corn crop crop variety data development disease ecosystem farm farmer feed finance finfish fishing food forest garden genetic modification grain grocery history honeybee human hunting hymenopteran insect insecticide knowledge land use law livestock maize mammal meat Mycobacterium bovis native species notifiable disease nutrition pest pesticide politics pollination population poverty research ruminant sea seafood seed selective breeding shooting sustainable technology trade tree tuberculosis vascular plant water welfare wild bee wild food wildlife woodland zoonosis